New Position Available: Operations Manager
OPS Screening & Crushing Equipment (OPS) WA, NT, NSW and Indonesia’s leading supplier of mobile & modular & fixed screening, crushing, conveying and environmental equipment, are looking to appoint a motivated individual who has a long history working in our industry, being qualified and experienced person who is ‘Hands-on and Leads by example”. With offices in SA and NSW, OPS are a recognised Industry leader in materials handling equipment with well-respected worldwide brands. OPS has been established for 30 years, operating national and international being a stable private company with a demonstrated long-term strategic plan for growth in place.
- Do you have the expertise and experience to manage our business Operations and mentor your team of dedicated, hardworking individuals and “make a difference”?
- Can you deliver the outcomes to achieve our Vision and Goals?
- Will you care about our people?
- Can you instill confidence that we can provide the solution to our Client’s requirements?
- Reporting to the Managing Director (MD), you will apply your experience, skills, and abilities to manage our business daily requirements and mentor your team of dedicated, hardworking individuals.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day running of our company with offices in WA, NT, NSW, and Indonesia. We sell brand new, second hand, hire, repair and provide parts support our customers 24 hours a day / 365 days a year, so at times this presents interesting challenges and often job rewarding. This is an integral Senior Management role in our Company and you will be challenged.
You will work closely with your direct reports, the line managers providing guidance, support, assistance to ensure our clients are well serviced. You will look to introduce new techniques and ideas to improve the performance of our company and work with the team to implement them. You will get involved in dealing with queries or grievances related to our products and services and find solutions.
Your Primary responsibilities will include:
Day to day Management of our Business
- Ensure OPS operates in a profitable and professional manner, with safety being promoted across the business. with the business operating in a productive and effective manner.
- Be involved with improving policy when meeting with the OPS Board.
- Be involved in setting budgets and work with your line managers to meet the agreed budgets.
- Be responsible for competitive pricing and inventory management to achieve budget.
- Provide communication and direction when engaging with all stakeholders.
- Be responsible to ensure policies, procedures, reporting times are meet and employees comply with legislation requirements and ethical standards.
- Provide direction and guidance to ensure product compliance and operational risks are identified and managed and identify & put in mitigation plans to reduce and manage the risk.
Health, Safety, Environment, and Community
- Accept responsibility and provide guidance to promote and support HSEC across our business.
- Lead by example to create a culture of effective HSEC management and commitment.
- Responsible to ensure that OPS facilities and equipment meet Federal & State Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Minimise and manage environmental impacts or risks.
- Ensure employees are correctly trained and committed to adopting a ‘Safety First’ culture.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with all OPS stakeholders and the broader community.
Human Resources & Training
- Work within the approved OPS authority matrix to empower and mentor Line Managers
- Help employees to achieve their career goals and their full potential.
- Ensure employees are correctly trained to perform their role, provide regular feedback.
- Create a positive and harmonious working environment.
Sales and Marketing
- Set annual sales goals using the OPS budget and agree on how the individuals will meet the targets and provide on-going support.
- Implement strategies to increase our current market share.
- Have a strong understanding of technological, financial, logistical and operational challenges, then develop a strategic plan to manage them.
- Produce a business plan that includes business strategic objectives with goals and targets over a ten-year period, with the OPS Directors.
- Develop and communicate business goals to our employees, suppliers, and customers.
- Evaluate current and future business needs, such as human resources, supervision and capital requirements etc.
- Work with CFO with the preparation of monthly Board Reports.
- Work with the line managers to produce their annual budgets.
- Once the budget is approved, then you will be responsible to work with your team to deliver profit expectations.
- Work closely and keep the MD informed of the business Operations status and activities.
- Produce monthly reports, recommendations, and other production-related matters, plus address all other matters with the MD.
- Demonstrate a proactive and hands-on approach, lead from the front and provide leadership.
- Approach unforeseen events with a positive attitude and a willing spirit.
Applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
Education / Qualifications / Experience Essential
- Mechanical Engineer or trade qualified is essential for this role.
- Strong business acumen, financial management, planning, working under pressure meeting delivery times and track record in managing people are important to this role.
- Demonstrated track record management and leadership experience with strong people management skills.
- Ability to make timely calculated decisions taking into consideration operational commercial, financial and customer requirements and don’t place the business at risk.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Charisma, with the ability to build trust & relationships quickly.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; acting professionally.
- Ability to manage and mentor others.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to delegate some duties, but be hands-on and produce some of the work yourself and set priorities with your direct reports.
- Responsible to build and effectively manage relationships at all levels.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Results driven, pro-active self-motivated and oriented, with a focus on meeting Goals and KPI’s.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office and Pronto experience.
- “Team Player” who works collaboratively towards achieving team goals.
Generous remuneration negotiable based on skill and experience of the successful applicant.
If you meet the requirements outlined in this advertisement, we would like to talk to you. OPS will appoint a suitably qualified applicant at any stage, we do not have a specific closing date for applications.
Follow this link to APPLY.
An immediate start is available, however, we are willing to wait for the right candidate.
If you would prefer in the first instance to have a confidential discussion, then please give us a call.